Pages

Tuesday 29 April 2014

A New Beginning

This year marks the 10th anniversary of me flying the nest at the ripe old age of 18 and moving to France. 

Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed of moving to France. I think the first time I said it I was 4 years old ! I came to work in Disney during my gap year from finishing my A Levels to going to University to study, surprise surprise French, but I never went back. I met my partner, a tall dark handsome chap from Mali who has lived in France since he was 6, while I was working in Disney, and I would be lying if I said he wasn't part of the decision in me staying. 3 years ago I gave birth to our gorgeous daughter, Tiana.

 
Badara & Tiana
Badara & Tiana

This year my partner & I have thrown all caution to the wind and are both re training to prepare a better future for our family. Badara is training to become an electricien & plumber and I am starting a law degree in September. In the meantime I'm at home with Little T. Who has just started going to a local nursery. Gving me & her some much needed time apart !

Off to Nursery
Off to Nursery
I live in the French countryside, in a little village called Puisieux, but am still only half an hours train ride from the centre of Paris.

The Village Church
The Village Church
Our house is a mix of British, French and African culture. Some days I'm completely lost in translation, other days I thrive on not being the norm ! In the spirit of new beginnings this year, I thought I'd put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!) and start a blog diary. I hope you enjoy the journey with me. I'm sure there will be tears but hopefully plenty of laughter and loving life ! 

Start Line

No comments:

Post a Comment