Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

Bienvenue Chez Nous

I was saying the other day about how much I hate dubbed over programmes in France. But the French TV is actually very good. Yes, they have their share of ridiculous big brother style reality shows, but their documentaires are fascinating and their culture shows even more so. The one I'm loving at the moment is called Bienvenue Chez Nous (Welcome to Our Home)

Bienvenue Chez Nous

Every week four couples who run bed and breakfasts around France, stay at each other's b&b's and judge everything from the welcome to the dust on top of the wardrobes! The French definately have a comptetive streak as sometimes the comments and scoring are just ridiculously low but I love it for how it appeals to my nosy nature! You get to see into people's homes, the fabulous regions I've yet to visit and oh the breakfasts are mouthwatering.

Bed and Breakfast Champ-Bruneau

This was the Champ Bruneau B&B in Normany. An old working water mill transformed into a fantastic B&B. Isn't it fabulous?

Bed and Breakfast Champ-Bruneau

Bed and Breakfast Champ-Bruneau

They didn't win but they were such a lovely couple and played the game fairly, not like the others who said places were fabulous they gave them 4 out of 10! I've bookmarked their website and hopefully will go for a weekend there very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment