Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

Is she yours or did you buy her?


Is she yours or did you buy her?

Sitting in our local park the other day, lapping up the glorious sunshine, a little old lady came up to me and said "what a beautiful little girl, is she yours or did you buy her?" I just burst out laughing! I managed to recompose myself and confirm that yes she is mine and no I didn't buy her! The lady sat down and proceeded to tell me her life story which turned out was fascinating.

She is 92 and Polish and had fled to France during the second world war with her family. She has a daughter who lives in the South of France and a son who lives in Japan, that she's not happy about because of all the awful things they did in the war! She lives in the old people's home in the town centre but likes her independance. Completely fit as a lop for someone in their 90s and blunt as anything. Her reasoning was when you get to my age you'll understand you're on borrowed time.

She was a lovely woman and didn't smell of old people, yet I'm sure I detected a faint smell of whiskey! When I grow up I want to be like her. I hope I see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment